Medicines are not ordinary items of ecommerce. This medicine is frequently misused and your order will be checked by the pharmacist in accordance with our policy on the sale of medicines frequently misused.
What is Phenergan?
Phenergan 25mg tablets can help with a variety of allergic conditions. Seasonal allergies, Pet allergies, rashes/hives, travel sickness (sometimes called motion sickness), nausea and short term sleeping problems.
Phenergan contains the active ingredient, Promethazine. Promethazine is a phenothiazine antihistamine that works by blocking the action of a natural substance in your body called histamine. Histamine is released by the body in response to encountering something harmful. In the case of an allergy, the body views common allergens like pollen, dust or animal fur as harmful. The leads to classic allergy symptoms like sneezing, itchy skin, itchy eyes to name but a few.
Traditional antihistamines like Promethazine and Diphenhydramine tend to have more side effects than newer antihistamines like Cetirizine because they can act on the Central Nervous System. These effects are harnessed when we want to use Phenergan to help with travel sickness and sleep problems.
How to take Phenergan 25mg tablets?
Phenergan should not be used for longer than 7 days without first consulting with your doctor.
Allergies eg Urticaria, Hay fever:
Children 5-10: Single dose of ONE 25mg tablet at night.
Children over 10yrs and Adults: ONE tablet to be taken at night. May increase to ONE tablet twice daily if required.
Children over 10 years and Adults; ONE tablet to be taken the night before the journey. May repeat the dose after 6-8 hours if required.
Not suitable for children under 10 years old
Short Term Sleep Problems:
Children 5-10 years: ONE tablet to be taken as a single dose at night.
Children over 10yrs and Adults: ONE or TWO tablets to be taken as a single dose at night.
Use should be limited to 7 consecutive days.
Phenergan 25mg tablets contain:
Each tablet contains Promethazine Hydrochloride 25mg
Who should not use Phenergan 25mg tablets
This medicine should not be used by the following groups of patients without first seeking medical advice from your GP or our Pharmacist:
- The person taking the medicine is under 5 years of age
- You are allergic (hypersensitive) to promethazine hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients of Phenergan Tablets. The signs of an allergic reaction include: a rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue
- You are taking a medicine for depression called a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI). Also do not take Phenergan Tablets if you have stopped taking one of these MAOI medicines within the last 14 days. If you are not sure ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- The person is unconscious (in a coma) or suffers from severe dizziness, drowsiness or headache
- You have epilepsy
- You have any serious heart problems
- You have liver or kidney problems
- You have a stomach blockage or difficulty passing water
- You have hearing problems
- You have increased pressure in the eye (narrow-angle glaucoma
- You have had something called Reye’s Syndrome
Phenergan 25mg is not suitable if you use any of the following medicines without first speaking with your GP or Pharmacist for medical advice:
- If you are using or have been using MAOI in the last 14 days.
- Anticholinergic – these are often used to control IBS, bladder weakness. These can increase the side effects of Phenergan inc Dry Mouth, Blurred vision
- Medicines for depression (such as amitriptyline)
- Medicines to help you to sleep or feel more relaxed (such as diazepam or zolpidem)
- Medicines such as aspirin (for arthritis and pain in your joints). Phenergan Tablets may hide the side effects of these medicines
If you have any questions about how this product may interact with your current medicines or conditions please contact us and one of our pharmacists will be more than happy to help.
Driving and using Machinery
This medicine may make you feel sleepy or dizzy, if affected please do not drive or operate machinery
Can I use Phenergan if I am Pregnant or Breastfeeding? ?
This medicine is NOT suitable for patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding. Please speak with your pharmacist or GP for further information.
Can I drink alcohol with Phenergan?
Do not drink alcohol whilst using Phenergan as this may alter the way Phenergan works increasing the risk of serious side effects.
Do not take Phenergan with Opiates like Codeine. The combination of codeine and promethazine can be dangerous.
Can I buy Phenergan over the counter?
This medicine is available to buy over the counter. You do not need a prescription to buy Phenergan but you will be asked some questions about your medical health when you add it to your basket. Our pharmacist will check your consultation prior to despatch to ensure it is safe and appropriate for you.
This product is a medicine, and the sales are monitored to ensure the safety of our customers. From time to time we may impose limits on the amounts you may purchase and apply restrictions to the frequency of orders. Please helpful advice please read Our Policies in the footer of the site to understand more.
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children and below 25c in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product and if you have any questions please contact one of our pharmacists for more information.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Product Images: Whilst we try to keep our product images up to date we may, particularly for non-branded products ship the same medicine but in different packaging. If you have any questions about this policy please get in touch.
At Peak Pharmacy Online we offer FREE delivery on most orders over £35, we aim to provide the best price and service at all times. With genuine products dispensed from our UK pharmacy, we aim to offer a website and service that strives to help you choose the most efficient, suitable medicines for you and your family.