Gemoloids haemorrhoid ointment targets and helps soothe the irritation of piles in three ways. The triple-action formula:
- Reduces pain with a topical anaesthetic
- Shrinks piles
- Soothes itching
Unlike other brand topical treatments available Germoloids cream is formulated with Lidocaine Hydrochloride, a local anaesthetic, which numbs and soothe the pain, itching and general discomfort associated with haemorrhoids.
What are haemorrhoids?
Typical symptoms of haemorrhoids include:
- An itchy bottom
- Bright red blood on the toilet paper or in the toilet bowl
- Pain and discomfort around your anus
- Mucous or Slime on your underwear or toilet paper
To help prevent haemorrhoids or improve symptoms you should:
- Drink plenty of water (regularly) to ensure your stools are soft
- Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables
- Use damp, rather than dry tissue paper when wiping your bottom
- Exercise regularly
- Reduce your caffeine and alcohol intake. For example, drink less tea/coffee/energy drinks
- Keep your bottom clean and dry, but take regular warm baths to soothe the area
Some things may make the problem worse:
- Medicines containing Opiates. Codeine and other opiates slow your bowel motions causing constipation and invariably piles due to straining.
- Do not push too hard when doing a poo
- Do not ignore the need to go to the toilet as this may lead to straining next time.
How to use Germoloids Ointment
Adults and children aged 12 years and over:
- Apply the cream at least twice a day (morning and night) with a minimum of three to four hours between each application.
- Further applications can be made at any time of day and are particularly recommended after each bowel movement.
- Do not use it more than 4 times in 24 hours.
- External piles: Apply to the affected area, once clean and dry
- Internal piles: Apply a little cream to the applicator before use. Gently insert the applicator into the anal opening and carefully squeeze the tube to distribute the cream. (Make sure you rinse the applicator after every use).
Not recommended for children under the age of 12 unless advised by the doctor.
Please read the Patient Information Leaflet before use.
This product is a medicine and the sales of this product monitored to ensure the safety of our customers. From time to time we may impose limits on the amounts you may purchase and apply restrictions to the frequency of orders. Please see our policies in the footer of the site to understand more.
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
This medicine should be stored out of direct sunlight at room temperature.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product and if you have any questions please contact one of our pharmacists for more information.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Product Images: Whilst we try to keep our product images up to date we may, particularly for non branded products ship the same medicine but in different packaging. If you have any questions about this policy please get in touch.
At Peak Pharmacy Online we offer FREE delivery on most orders over £35, we aim to provide the best price and service at all times. With genuine products dispensed from our UK pharmacy, we aim to offer a website and service that strives to help you choose the most efficient, suitable medicines for you and your family.