Daktacort Hydrocortisone contains TWO ingredients to help combat fungal infections.
Miconazole treats the infection by destroying fungal growth and fungal spores. Hydrocortisone is a steroid that helps settle inflammation. Typical symptoms of inflammation are red, itchy skin.
What Can You Use Daktacort Hydrocortisone To Treat?
Can be used to treat fungal infections like:
- Athletes Foot
- Sweat Rash (underarms, breasts, top of legs, groins, and other areas where folds of skin may be present)
Typically infections above occur in areas that can get warm, and sweaty. It's these conditions that allow fungal infections to thrive.
How To Use Daktacort:
Adults and Children over 10 years: Put a small amount of the cream on the affected area twice daily. Rub it in gently until the cream has disappeared.
Do not use for more than 7 days.
If symptoms of infection are still present please speak with your GP or Pharmacist for further information.
Not for use in children under 10 years of age.
For external use only.
Miconazole Nitrate 20mg and Hydrocortisone Acetat (Equivalent to 10mg of Hydrocortisone).
Other ingredients are: Macrogol 6-32 stearate, glycol stearate, oleoyl macrogolglycerides, liquid paraffin, butylhydroxyanisole, benzoic acid, disodium edetate, sodium hydroxide and purified water.
Facts About Athletes Foot:
How Do You Catch Athletes Foot?
Its extremely infectious so anyone can pick it up, especially people sharing communal changing rooms and showers..
Once the fungal spores have been transferred onto the feet, they thrive in the warm, moist areas between the toes. The skin soon becomes inflamed and itchy with flaking or cracking occurring..
The infected flakes of skin are then shed onto the floor or into the socks and shoes by walking or friction. Someone else will be easily infected if they step on these flakes, or if they share towels or footwear with someone who has already got Athletes Foot.
What is more, even if you’ve already got rid of your Athlete’s Foot, it’s very easy to re-infect yourself. The spores can live on or in your shoes or socks and if you don’t change them regularly, or treat them with antifungal powders or spray powders, the Athlete’s Foot soon returns.
How To Prevent Re-infection:
If you want to avoid the vicious circle of re-infection, here are a few helpful hints.
- Spray inside your shoes and socks with fungicidal powder before putting them on.
- Don’t wear the same pair of shoes every day. This helps reduce the build-up of sweat which provides the moisture on which the fungus thrives
- Avoid synthetic footwear. Choose cotton socks and leather shoes that allow your feet to breathe.
- Avoid sharing towels or footwear.
- Avoid walking barefoot in changing rooms.
- Dry thoroughly between your toes and keep toenails short as this reduces the number of places fungi can grow.
Who Should Not Use Daktacort HC Cream?
This medicine is suitable for most adults and children but a few people should not use it. If you are in any doubt, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not use this medicine:
- If you are allergic to the active substance, other similar antifungal medicines or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have any other skin problems such as cold sores, acne, herpes, chicken pox, or shingles.
- If your skin is broken.
- On large areas of your body, under dressings, or baby’s nappies.
- For more than 7 days.
- On your face, eyes or mucous membranes.
- On the anal or genital area, unless your doctor has told you to.
- To treat ringworm, unless your doctor has told you to.
- To treat any other infections which occur as a result of your original infection, unless your doctor has told you to.
Elderly Patients: Medicines like Daktacort Hydrocortisone Cream can cause thinning of the skin when used for a long time without a break. Because thinning of the skin happens naturally in older people, this medicine should be used sparingly for up to 7 days.
Can I Use Daktacort HC Cream If I Am Pregnant or Breastfeeding?
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Always read the patient information leaflet before using this medicine.
This product is a medicine, and the sales are monitored to ensure the safety of our customers. From time to time we may impose limits on the amounts you may purchase and apply restrictions to the frequency of orders. Please helpful advice please read Our Policies in the footer of the site to understand more.
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children and below 25c in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product and if you have any questions please contact one of our pharmacists for more information.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Product Images: Whilst we try to keep our product images up to date we may, particularly for non-branded products ship the same medicine but in different packaging. If you have any questions about this policy please get in touch.
At Peak Pharmacy Online we offer FREE delivery on most orders over £35, we aim to provide the best price and service at all times. With genuine products dispensed from our UK pharmacy, we aim to offer a website and service that strives to help you choose the most efficient, suitable medicines for you and your family.