A medicated cream to relieve occasional cold sores, cracked, chapped and sore lips. Containing Camphor and Lanolin which helps to relieve pain and kill germs. Designed to protect and moisturise your lips when they need relief.
What are cold sores?
Cold sores are small, fluid filled blisters which can appear anywhere on your face but they are commonly found around your mouth and lip area, these are caused by a contagious virus which lives in your skin and once you have caught the virus it will stay in your skin for the rest of your life making you have cold sore outbreaks periodically.
What are the symptoms of cold sores?
- Tingling and itching – Many people will feel itching, burning or tingling around the lips for a day or so before the spot appears and blisters erupt.
- Blisters – The blisters that appear are small fluid-filled blisters which typically erupt along the border of your lips, however they can sometimes appear around the nose or cheeks or inside the mouth.
- Oozing and crusting – Once the blisters have appeared they may merge and then burst, leaving shallow open sores that ooze and eventually crust over.
What causes a cold sore outbreak?
Cold cores are most contagious when you have oozing blisters because the virus easily spreads through contact with infected body fluids, however you can spread the virus even if you don’t have blisters. Many people who are infected with the virus that causes cold sores never develop signs and symptoms.
A recurrence of cold sores may be triggered by:
- Viral infection or fever.
- Hormonal changes, such as related to menstruation.
- Exposure to sunlight and wind.
- Changes in the immune system.
- Injury to the skin.
How to use Blistex Relief Cream.
For best results when using Blistex relief cream is to apply this as soon as cold sore symptoms appear.
Apply the cream to the area every hour for quick relief from discomfort.
If you have cracked and chapped lips, apply Blistex relief cream to your lips whenever you feel like they need rehydration.
Aromatic Ammonia Solution 6.04%w/w, Liquefied Phenol 0.494%w/w and Strong Ammonia solution 0.1%w/w.
If symptoms persist or cold sores recur, consult your doctor.
At Peak Pharmacy Online we offer FREE delivery on most orders over £35, we aim to provide the best price and service at all times. With genuine products dispensed from our UK pharmacy, we aim to offer a website and service that strives to help you choose the most efficient, suitable medicines for you and your family.